About the business
The Geelong Chamber of Commerce is Geelong’s most vibrant business organisation, hosting monthly networking events, masterclasses, law breakfasts, corporate partner lunches and more. The Geelong Chamber’s role is to support, educate and facilitate a healthy, lively business community as well as advocate on behalf of all levels of business ensuring members have a say on the issues that impact upon the economic viability of business and the region as a whole. The Chamber also provides information that allows business to enhance its skill base, explore new directions and grow its market share.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, the Digital Marketing & Content Development Specialist will be responsible for developing and delivering high quality communications that engage the Chamber’s growing audience across multiple platforms. This position is a part-time, permanent position (0.6).
- To drive growth in our online following by delivering engaging content through a range of channels.
- To collaborate with the Marketing and Events Coordinator to ensure all events are well promoted.
- To promote the success of our members and position the Chamber as a dynamic, fun and progressive organisation.
- Monitor the metrics and innovate by introducing new methods to improve our online performance.
- To be responsible for the website
- To assist with events and communications as required.
- Creating a marketing plan, campaign and content strategies to drive membership growth through various channels.
- Developing creative content for socials and the website including photography and video content that promotes our members and the Chamber’s activities.
- Think outside the box to promote our business community beyond traditional boundaries.
- Building our online following across a range of platforms.
- Maintaining the website – photos, videos, copy etc.
- Work collaboratively with Member Experience team members and provide support, assistance and input as required.
- Other duties as directed by the Membership Experience Manager or Chief Executive Officer
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent knowledge in creating a campaign strategy and marketing plan.
- Excellent knowledge of online platforms (WordPress) and experience in delivering content that gets results.
- Excellent creative copywriting skills for different platforms and stakeholders, ranging from social media copy, newsletters to media releases.
- Good video production skills – filming and editing with Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Understanding of corporate identity and basic design to ensure all outgoing Chamber materials are on brand.
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and build strong relationships.
- Ability to understand Google Analytics, Google Ads, Meta Business Suite etc. to pull relevant data.
- Ability to collaborate with our digital marketing agency, brief in campaigns and ads.
- An understanding of the role of the Chamber and ability to fit well into a high performing team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to bring new ideas, energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills including the ability to multi task and prioritise in a busy environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive relationships with members
- Highly team-focused and able to operate collaboratively across functions in a multi-disciplinary environment
Qualifications & Experience
- Post-secondary qualifications in digital media, marketing, communication, commerce or a related discipline; and/or
- Demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience with content driven results
Benefits and perks
- Making an impact within a 170 year old, for-purpose organisation
- Central Geelong office
- Team meeting room overlooking the waterfront
- Family-friendly, flexible work arrangement options with one day working from home each week
- Monthly networking events where you’ll meet other interesting local business people
- Monthly team lunch activity, such as a team walk along the Waterfront or team lunch
- Christmas team luncheon
Overall skills and experience
A self-motivated, creative and purpose driven person you will seek to do things differently. The right candidate has an energetic personality with a track record of producing high performing content and using a range of online platforms to find new audiences. A degree in digital media, marketing, communication, commerce, videography or a related discipline would be highly regarded.
If you enjoy meeting new people, telling stories through exceptional content and building an online following then our team at the Geelong Chamber of Commerce welcomes your application.
Applications must include a cover letter and resume.
Applications close 11.59pm Sunday 16 April 2023. The Geelong Chamber reserves the right to interview and appoint before the closing date of this position, so please don’t delay in applying.